The Raspberry Pi organization released a upgraded board called ‘Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+’ enhanced with new 1.4 GHz Cortex A53 Processor and a Dual-band WiFi compliance. The Raspberry Pi also announced its Power Over Ethernet which makes Powering the Pi over Ethernet line. The new Raspberry Pi 3 B+ has the following upgrades :
- New Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
- Dual Band Wi-Fi – 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN.
- Bluetooth 4.2, BLE – Bluetooth Low Energy
- Upgraded Ethernet speed from 100 Mb/s to 300 MB/s Gigabit speed over USB 2.0.
- Certified Dual-band Wi-Fi for an easier prototype.
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support (requires separate PoE HAT)