LDR is one kind of photoresistor and light dependent resistor that is sensitive of light. When light falls upon it then the resistance changes. Values of the resistance of the LDR may be change over many orders of magnitude the value of the resistance falling as the level of light increases. It is not uncommon for the values of resistance of an LDR to be several Megaohms in darkness and then to fall to a few hundred ohms in bright light. With such a wide variation in resistance, LDRs are easy to use.
LDR Modules are made from semiconductor materials. But one popular material for these photoresistors is cadmium sulphide. Other materials that can be used include lead sulphide, PbS and indium antimonide, InSb.
- Operating Voltage:3V to 5V DC
- Operating Current: 15milli amps
- LED indicating output and power
- LM393 based design
- Output Digital: 0V to 5V, Adjustable trigger level from preset
- Output Analog:0V to 5V based on light falling on the LDR